Funny animal facts
Funny animal facts
1. Reindeer eat moss because it contains a chemical that stops their body from freezing.
2. A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue.
3. It is possible to lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs.
4. Camels can survive in the desert without drinking for almost 3 months.
5. Cows kill more people than Sharks. About 10 humans are killed by Sharks every year but nearly 100 people die each year from being stepped on by cows.
6. A cockroach will live nine days without its head, before it starves to death.
7. The praying mantis is the only insect that can turn its head 360 degrees.
8. Bulls are colorblind, therefore will usually charge at a matador’s waving cape no matter what color it is – be it red or neon yellow.
9. The strongest animal in the world is the rhinoceros beetle. It can lift 850 times its own weight.
10. Crocodiles swallow stones to help them dive deeper.
11. Other than humans, black lemurs are the only primates that have blue eyes.
12. The Chameleon can focus its eyes seperately to watch two objects at once.
13. A crocodile’s tongue is attached to the roof of its mouth and he cannot move it.
14. Many snakes never stop growing. That’s one reason they must shed their skin.
15. 99% of all animal species that ever lived on Earth are now extinct.
16. Goldfish lose their color if they are kept in dim light or are placed in a body of running water, such as a stream.
17. Armadillos, opossums and sloths spend up to 80 percent of their lives sleeping.
18. Owls swallow their prey hole because they have no teeth. After 12 hours they cough up the feathers, bones, and fur in a shape of a football pellet.
19. A species of earthworm in Australia grows up to 10 feet in length.
20. If the Sun Bear is grabbed or bitten around its head, it can turn round inside the wrinkly skin on its head and bite the predator.
21. The giraffe has no vocal cords and communicates by vibrating the air around it’s neck.
22. It is estimated that millions of trees in the world are accidentally planted by squirrels who bury nuts and then forget where they hid them.
23. Chained dogs are 3 times more likely to bite than unchained dogs.
24. The elephant’s memory is legendary, in fact, they have a special ceremony for the return of a long lost member of the herd.
25. It is the female lion who does more than 90 percent of the hunting, while the male is afraid to risk his life, or simply prefers to rest.
26. The world’s smallest mammal is the bumblebee bat of Thailand, weighing less than a penny.