Funny random facts
Funny random facts
1. You burn 26 calories in a one minute kiss.
2. The longest time a person has been in a coma is 37 years.
3. The Pentagon has twice as many restrooms as necessary. When it was built, segregation was still in place in Virginia, so separate restrooms for blacks and whites were required by law.
4. Hitler was claustrophobic. They had to install a mirror in an elevator just to keep him from being scared.
5. President Kennedy was the fastest random speaker in the world with upwards of 350 words per minute.
6. The largest known kidney stone weighed 1.36 kilograms.
7. In 1977 a 13 year old boy had a tooth growing out of his foot.
8. The chances of you dying on the way to get your lottery tickets is greater than your chances of winning.
9. In the early days of the telephone, operators would pick up a call and use the phrase, “Well, are you there?”. It wasn’t until 1895 that someone suggested answering the phone with the phrase “number please?”
10. Statistically you are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than by a poisonous spider.
11. The fingerprints of koala bears are virtually indistinguishable from those of humans, so much so that they could be confused at a crime scene.
12. Grapes explode when you put them in the microwave.
13. Apples are more effective at keeping people awake in the morning than caffeine.
14. There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.
15. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top.
16. The average bra size today is 36C whereas 10 years ago it was a 34B.
17. Chocolate kills dogs! True, chocolate affects a dog’s heart and nervous system. A few ounces are enough to kill a small sized dog.
18. About two hundred babies are born worldwide every minute.
19. The first person selected as the Time Magazine Man of the Year was Charles Lindbergh in 1927.
20. The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.
21. Einstein couldn’t speak fluently when he was nine. His parents thought he might be retarded.
22. Ten percent of the Russian government’s income comes from the sale of vodka.
23. Dogs have four toes on their hind feet, and five on their front feet.
24. There are twice as many kangaroos in Australia as there are people. The kangaroo population is estimated at about 40 million.
25. The average American family views television six hours each day.
26. Mario from super Mario Brothers for the NES was originally known as Jumpman from the 1981 arcade game Donkey Kong.
27. A car that shifts manually gets 2 miles more per gallon of gas than a car with automatic shift.
28. The moon is moving away at a tiny, although measurable distance from the earth every year. Do the math and you will clearly see that 85 million years ago it was orbiting the earth at a distance of about 35 feet from the earth’s surface. This would explain the death of the dinosours.
29. Every citizen of Kentucky is required by law to take a bath at least once a year.
30. Word “Goodbye” came from “God bye” which came from “God be with you.”
31. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can’t sink in quicksand.
32. In the United States there is one birth every 8 seconds and one death every 14 seconds.
33. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19. You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
34. A person swallows approx. 295 while eating dinner.
35. A crocodile always grows new teeth to replace the old teeth.