1. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.
2. The original basket in basketball, as invented by James Naismith in 1891, was a peach basket.
3. Like fingerprints,everyone’s tongue print is different.
4. The world’s population grows by 100 million each year.
5. Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid
airborne particles resulting from the flush.
6. In most American states, a wedding ring is exempt by law from inclusion among the assets in a bankruptcy estate. This means that a wedding ring cannot be seized by creditors, no matter how much the bankrupt person owes.
7. The hair of an adult man or woman can stretch 25 percent of its length without breaking.
8. Ninety percent of New York City cabbies are recently arrived immigrants.
9. By law, information collected in a U.S. census must remain confidential for 72 years.
10. You are more likely to get attacked by a cow than a shark.
11. The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
12. Anti-modem laws restrict Internet access in the country of Burma. Illegal possession of a modem can lead to a prison term.
13. It would take a car traveling at 100 mph nearly 30 million years to reach our nearest star.
14. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears never stop growing.
15. China uses 45 billion chopsticks per year, using 25 million trees to make them.
16. The Hoover Dam was built to last 2,000 years. The concrete in it will not even be fully cured for another 500 years.
17. Alfred Hitchcock didn’t have a belly button. It was eliminated when he was sewn up after surgery.
18. Jack Nicholson holds the record for most individual Golden Globe wins, which is six.
19. Approximately sixty circus performers have been shot from cannons. At last report, thirty-one of these have been killed.
20. Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.
21. The longest interval between an original film and its sequel is forty-six years