1. At night they come without being fetched. By day they are lost without being stolen. What are they?
2. What has many keys, but can’t even open a single door?
3. You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat?
4. What is as big as an elephant, but weighs nothing at all?
5. You answer me, although I never ask you questions. What am I?
6. What happens when you throw a yellow rock into a purple stream?
7. What has four legs, but can’t walk?
8. What do you throw out when you want to use it but take in when you don’t want to use it?
9. You saw me where I never was and where I could not be. And yet within that very place, my face you often see. What am I?
10. What can fill a room but takes up no space?
11. Luke owns a pet store. He puts one canary per cage, but has one bird too many. If he puts two canaries in each cage, he has one cage too many. How many cages and canaries does he have?
12. What is it that after you take away the whole, some still remains?
13. Imagine you are in a dark room. How do you get out?
14. Born at the same time as the world, destined to live as long as the world, and yet never five weeks old. What is it?
15. I am a box that holds keys without locks, yet they can unlock your soul. What am I?
16. Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, at the same time, in the same month and year and yet they’re not twins. How can this be?
17. If you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, you haven’t got me. What am I?
18. What is deep within you, never dies or gets worn out, and only needs some fire from time to time?
19. It is weightless, you can see it, and if you put it in a barrel it will make the barrel lighter?
20. A doctor and a nurse have a baby boy. But the boy’s father is not the doctor and the mother is not the nurse. How can it be?
21. Tear one off and scratch my head, what once was red is black instead. What am I?
22. They come at night without being called and are lost in the day without being stolen. What are they?
23. A skin have I, more eyes than one. I can be very nice when I am done. What am I?
24. I have holes on the top and bottom. I have holes on my left and on my right. And I have holes in the middle, yet I still hold water. What am I?
25. What two things can you never have for breakfast?
26. What has feet and legs, and nothing else?
27. A man fell off a 30-foot ladder and landed on the sidewalk, but he did not get hurt. Why not?
28. What are these three related items? When I am placed somewhere I will never stand up. Whatever you give me I will eat. When I go I never return.
29. A hiker went without sleep for seven days and wasn’t tired. How come?
30. I am too much for one, enough for two, but nothing to three. What am I?
31. What is everyone in the world doing at the same time?
32. All about, but cannot be seen. Can be captured, cannot be held. No throat, but can be heard. What is it?
33. Four men were in a boat on the lake. The boat turns over, and all four men sink to the bottom of the lake, yet not a single man got wet! Why?
34. What never gets any wetter no matter how hard it rains?
35. I can be long I can be short I can be grown I can be bought I can be painted or left bare. What am I?
36. This old one runs forever, but never moves at all. He has neither lungs nor throat, but still a mighty roaring call. What is it?
37. The Pope has it but he does not use it. Your father has it but your mother uses it. Nuns do not need it. Your lady friend