Jokes and riddles
Jokes and Riddles
1. What begins and has no end? What is the ending of all that begins?
2. We are all around, yet to us you are half blind. Sunlight makes us invisible, and difficult to find. What are we?
3. Can a man legally marry his widow’s sister in the state of California?
4. What makes a loud noise when changing its jacket, becomes larger but weighs less?
5. You use it between your head and your toes, the more it works the thinner it grows. What is it?
6. Alive without breath, as cold as death, clad in mail never clinking, never thirsty, ever drinking. Who am I?
7. Do you know why orange juice is so smart?
8. What has roots that nobody sees, is taller than trees, up, up it goes, yet it never grows?
9. What does no man want, yet no man want to lose?
10. How much dirt is in a hole 6 feet deep and 4 feet wide?
11. I’m lighter than air but a million men can’t lift me. What am I?
12. One head with three hands. What am I?
13. How are prisoners and astronauts alike?
14. I sleep by day, I fly by night. I have no feathers to aid my flight. What am I?
15. If you drop me I’m sure to crack but give me a smile and I’ll always smile back. What am I?
16. I know a word of letters three. Add two and fewer there will be. What is the word?
17. I can be quick and then I’m deadly, I am a rock, shell and bone medley. If I was made into a man, I’d make people dream, I gather in my millions by ocean, sea and stream. What am I?
18. Round like an apple, deep like a cup, yet all the king’s horses cannot pull it up. What is it?
19. I am a protector. I sit on a bridge. One person can see right through me, while others wonder what I hide. What am I?
20. I am taken from a mine and shut up in a wooden case from which I am never released. Yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I?
21. What’s long and thin, covered in skin, red in parts, and put in tarts?
22. Thirty men with ladies, two. Standing around with nothing to do, dressed in formal, black and white. Yet when they move it begins a fight. What is It?
23. I run cold and hot, I look blue but am red. What am I?
24. When liquid splashes me, none seeps through. When I am moved a lot, liquid I spew. When I am hit, color I change. And color, I come in quite a range. What I cover is very complex, and I am very easy to flex. What am I?
25. What is deep within you, never dies or gets worn out, and only needs some fire from time to time?
26. What’s better than the best thing, and worst than the worst thing?
27. What word in the English language is always spelled incorrectly?
28. I come in different shapes and sizes. Part of me are curves, others are straight. You can put me anywhere you like, but there is only one right place for me. What am I?
29. What has a ring but no finger?
30. What kind of rocks are on the bottom of the Mississippi River?
31. What can be seen but never found that only hides in the unwound?
32. What two words contain the most letters?
33. My life can be measured in hours, I serve by being devoured. Thin, I am quick. Fat, I am slow. Wind is my foe. What am I?
34. I have many feathers to help me fly. I have a body and head but I’m not alive. Your strength determines how far I go. You can hold me in your hand, but I’m never thrown. What am I?
35. I am the black child of a white father, like a wingless bird flying even to the clouds of heaven. I give birth to tears of mourning in pupils that meet me, even though there is no cause for grief. On my birth I am dissolved into air. What am I?
36. How do you know where trains go?
37. I cannot be felt, seen or touched, yet I can be found in everybody. My existence is always in debate, yet I have my own style of music. What am I?
38. I am too much for one, enough for two, but nothing to three. What am I?
39. Weight in my belly, trees on my back, nails in my ribs, feet I do lack. What am I?
40. I am something everybody tends to overlook, no matter how careful they are. What am I?
Answers to jokes and riddles
1. Death or decay.
3. No, he’s dead.
5. A soap.
6. A fish.
7. It concentrates.
8. A mountain.
10. There is no dirt in a hole.
11. A bubble.
12. Wall clock.
13. They are both interested in outerspace.
14. A bat.
15. A mirror.
18. A well.
20. Pencil lead.
22. A chess match.
25. Your soul.
28. Jigsaw Puzzle Piece.
29. A telephone.
30. Wet rocks.
32. Post office.
33. A candle.
34. An arrow.
36. You follow their tracks.
37. I’m a soul.
38. A secret.
39. A ship.
40. Your nose.