1. How can you physically stand behind your friend as he physically stands behind you?
2. Six glasses are in a row. The first three are full of juice, the second three are empty. By moving only one glass, can you arrange them so empty and full glasses alternate?
3. What three numbers have the same answer when added together and multiplied together?
4. It is the beginning of eternity, the end of time and space, the beginning of the end, and the end of every space. What is it?
5. Two men got a lion and a goat to a river. They have only one boat. It is small and can only carry a man and an animal. How can the men and the animals reach the other side of the river?
6. He was afraid to go home because of the man in the mask. Who is the man in the mask?
7. I am lighter than air but a million men cannot lift me up. What am I?
8. There are 2 ducks in front of 2 other ducks. There are 2 ducks behind 2 other ducks. There are 2 ducks beside 2 other ducks. How many ducks are there?
9. A man went on a trip with a fox, a goose and a sack of corn. He came upon a stream which he had to cross and found a tiny boat to use to cross the stream. He could only take himself and one other – the fox, the goose, or the corn – at a time. He could not leave the fox alone with the goose or the goose alone with the corn. How does he get all safely over the stream?
10. Two boxers are in a boxing match (regular boxing, not kick boxing). The fight is scheduled for 12 rounds but ends after 6 rounds, after one boxer knocks out the other boxer. Yet no man throws a punch. How is this possible?
11. You have 10 apples in a basket. 10 children come to you and each one of them ask for an apple. You want to give all the apples to each one of them, but still keep one inside the basket? How will you do it?
12. Jack was out for a walk when it started to rain. He did not have an umbrella and he wasn’t wearing a hat. His clothes were soaked, yet not a single hair on his head got wet. How could this happen?
13. I cover what’s real, hide what is true, but sometimes bring out the courage in you. What am I?
14. You are walking through a field, and you find something to eat. It doesn’t have bones, and it doesn’t have meat. You pick it up and put it into your pocket. You take it home and put it on a shelf, but 3 days later it walks away. What is it?
15. Almost everyone sees me without noticing me. For what is beyond is what he or she seeks. What am I?
16. Eskimos are very good hunters, but they never hunt penguins. Why not?
17. The age of Jack and John is 49. Jack is twice as old, as John was when Jack was as old as John is now. How old are the brothers?
18. A little boy kicks a soccer ball. It goes 10 feet and comes back to him. How is this possible?
19. Mountains will crumble and temples will fall, and no man can survive its endless call. What is it?
20. Two girls have the same parents and were born at the same hour of the same day of the same month, but they are not twins. How can this be possible?
21. It regulates our daily movements, but it feels no interest in our lives. It directs us when to come and go, but does not care if we pay attention. What is it?
22. A man was found dead in his study. He was slumped over his desk and a gun was in his hand. There was a cassette recorder on his desk. When the police entered the room and pressed the play button on the tape recorder they heard: “I can’t go on. I have nothing to live for.” Then there was the sound of a gunshot. How did the detective immediately know that the man had been murdered and it wasn’t a suicide?
23. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?
24. You live in a place wherein, 6 months is extreme summer and the other 6 months, the mercury goes really, really down! You own a lake where there is a small island. You want to build a house over there and need to carry the required stuff. Sadly, you have no boat, ship, or anything that you can use to transport all the material to the island! What will you do in order to carry the stuff to the island?
25. Tom was driving his semi under an overpass when suddenly he came to a screeching halt. Tom wasn’t paying enough attention and inadvertently drove under the overpass that was just barely as high as his truck. The semi was wedged so tightly that he could not go forward or backward. A fellow trucker came by and told him how he could easily get the semi out from under the bridge.
26. All of my ties are red except two. All of my ties are green except two. All of my ties are black except two. How many ties do I have?
27. Though liquid in nature, don’t push me too far, for then I will break, and the damage may scar. What am I?
28. How could a cowboy ride into town on Friday, stay two days, and ride out on Friday?
29. If a red house is made from red bricks, and a blue house is made from blue bricks and a black house is made from black bricks and a pink house is made from pink bricks, what is a green house made of?
30. A horse is tied to a 20 foot rope and there is a bail of hay 30 feet away from him. Yet the horse is able to eat from the bail of hay. How is this possible?
31. Why is it against the law for a man living in North Carolina to be buried in South Carolina?
32. I can be stolen or given away and you will live, yet you cannot live without me. What am I?
33. It was a sunny Sunday morning. Jack was reading, Jena was painting, little Fred was trying to walk, the widow (next door neighbor) was over the phone with her husband, Rose was in the kitchen, and Jimmy, the pet dog, was barking frantically. Then there was a loud bang, and everybody found Jimmy dead in his kennel. Who killed Jimmy?
34. Throw it off the highest building, and I’ll not break. But put me in the ocean, and I will. What am I?
35. You have a cup placed on a table. You are pointing towards the North and the cup is facing towards the South. On which side is the cup’s handle?
36. When asked how old she was, Monica replied, “In two years I will be twice as old as I was five years ago.” How old is she now?
37. How could you rearrange the letters in the words “new door” to make one word? There is only one correct answer.
38. What weighs more? A pound of feathers or a pound of stones?
39. If a rooster laid a brown egg and a white egg, what kind of chicks would hatch?
40. Before Mt. Everest was discovered as the highest mountain in the world, which mountain was the highest?
Answers to logic riddles
1. By standing back to back.
2. Pour the juice from the second glass into the fifth glass.
3. 1, 2, 3.
4. The Letter E.
5. The men row across. One comes back takes the lion to the other side, then rows back and takes the goat.
6. The man in the mask is the catcher.
7. A bubble.
8. 4 ducks.
9. Take the goose over first and come back. Then take the fox over and bring the goose back. Now take the corn over and come back alone to get the goose. Take the goose over and the job is done.
10. They are female boxers.
11. Give all the 9 apples to each one of them and give the basket to the last child with the apple still inside it.
12. This man is bald.
14. An Egg.
15. A window.
16. Eskimos live at the North Pole, penguins at the South Pole.
17. Jack is 28, John is 21.
18. He kicked it up.
20. They were not born in the same year.
21. A Clock.
22. The cassette had started at the beginning of the man’s utterance. Someone else had to be there to rewind the tape.
24. Wait for the winters when the lake will freeze.
25. He told Tom to let some air out of his tires. This would make the truck lower and allow him to pass through.
26. Three: one red, one green and one black.
28. His horse is named Friday.
29. Green house made of glass.
30. The rope isn’t tied to anything, so the horse can go freely to anywhere it pleases.
31. Because he’s not dead yet.
32. Your heart.
33. The widow, because she does not have a husband.
34. A wave.
35. No matter in which position the cup is, its handle will always be on the outside.
36. She’s 12.
37. One word.
38. The same. They both weigh a pound.
39. Roosters don