Riddles for Children
Riddles for children
1. What asks no question but demands an answer?
2. A street that is 30 yards long has a tree every 6 yards on both sides. How many total trees on the entire street?
3. Where does a snowman keep his money?
4. What kind of soda you must not drink?
5. It happens once in a minute, twice in a week, and once in a year? What is it?
6. Why do the birds fly south for winter?
7. What has a neck but no head, and wears a cap?
8. Why did the chicken cross the road, roll in the mud, and cross back?
9. What has eyes that can not see, a tongue that can not taste, and a soul that can not die?
10. How many books can you put into an empty backpack?
11. What instrument can you hear but never see?
12. Why did the turkey cross the road?
13. I have keys but no locks. I have space but no room. You can enter but can’t go outside. What am I?
14. Which is the book that was once owned only by the elite class, but now all have it? One cannot buy or get it from the library or any bookstore.
15. A lawyer, a plumber and a hat maker were walking down the street. Who had the biggest hat?
16. What happens when you throw a green stone in the red sea?
17. You can see nothing else when you look into my face; I will look you in the eye and I will never lie. Who am I?
18. Can you name the two days starting with T besides Tuesday and Thursday?
19. Why did the Bumble Bee put honey under his pillow?
20. Why does a flamingo lift up one leg?
21. Poke your fingers in my eyes and I will open wide my jaws. Linen cloth, quills, or paper, my greedy lust devours them all. What am I?
22. With no wings, I fly. With no eyes, I see. With no arms, I climb. More frightening than any beast, stronger than any foe. I am cunning, ruthless, and tall, in the end, I rule all. What am I?
23. A monkey, a squirrel, and a bird are racing to the top of a coconut tree. Who will get the banana first, the monkey, the squirrel, or the bird?
24. What has roots nobody sees, is taller than trees. Up, up it goes and yet never grows?
25. What did the student say after the teacher said, “Order students, order?”
26. Three men were in a boat. It capsized, but only two got their hair wet. Why?
27. What happened when the teacher tied all the kids shoe laces together?
28. Why was the music teacher not able to open his class room?
29. It is everything to someone, and nothing to everyone else. What is it?
30. You can carry it everywhere you go, and it does not get heavy. What is it?
31. Why is the longest human nose on record only 11 inches long?
32. What seven-letter word has hundreds of letters in it?
33. What do you call a pig that’s been arrested for dangerous driving?
34. How do we know the Indians were the first people in North America?
35. Jack throws a ball as hard as he can. It comes back to him, even though nothing and nobody touches it. How?
36. What time is it when an elephant sits on your bed?
37. John has 5 apples and 7 friends, how does he share the apples between the friends equally?
38. I’m tall when I’m young and I’m short when I’m old. What am I?
39. What can you put in a barrel to make it lighter?
40. How do you stop a dog barking in the back seat of a car?
41. No matter how little or how much you use me, you change me every month. What am I?
42. I sleep by day, I fly by night. I have no feathers to aid my flight. What am I?
43. Which alphabet of the English language can be drunk and served to guests?
44. I am a box that holds keys without locks, yet they can unlock your soul. What am I?
45. A hundred arms, a thousand fingers, but it has no eyes to see where it lingers. What am I?
Answers to riddles for children
1. A doorbell.
2. 12 – six per side.
3. In a snow bank.
4. Baking Soda.
5. The letter “e”.
6. Because it is to far to walk.
7. A Bottle.
8. He was a dirty double-crosser.
9. A shoe.
10. One. After that it’s not empty.
11. Your voice. You can sing with your voice like an instrument and hear it, but no one can see it.
12. Because it was the chicken’s day off.
13. A Keyboard.
14. Telephone book.
15. The one with the biggest head.
16. It gets wet.
17. Your reflection.
18. Today and tomorrow.
19. He wanted to have Sweet Dreams.
20. Because if he lifted up both legs it would fall down.
22. The imagination.
23. None of them, because you can