Very hard riddles
1. A large truck is crossing a bridge 1 mile long. The bridge can only hold 13000 lbs, which is the exact weight of the truck. The truck makes it half way across the bridge and stops. A bird lands on the truck. Does the bridge collapse?
2. What do you get when you cross an automobile with a household animal?
3. Three lives have I. Gentle enough to soothe the skin. Light enough to caress the sky. Hard enough to crack rocks. What am I?
4. What has a mouth but doesn’t eat, a bank with no money, a bed but doesn’t sleep, and waves but has no hands?
5. I go in hard. I come out soft. You blow me hard. What am I?
6. What does every man have, some longer or shorter than others and they give it to their wife when they get married?
7. What do you throw out when you want to use it, but take in when you don’t want to use it?
8. I have seas without water, forests without wood, deserts without sand, and houses without bricks. What am I?
9. If you look you cannot see me. If you see me you cannot see anything else. I can make anything you want happen, but later everything goes back to normal. What am I?
10. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?
11. What is it that no man ever yet did see, which never was, but always is to be?
12. A man says his dog can jump over his house. No one believes him but he is right. How is that possible?
13. Once it was growing and green, now it is dead and singing. What is it?
14. A red-house is made of red bricks, has a red wooden door and a red roof. A yellow-house is made of yellow bricks, has a yellow wooden door and a yellow roof. What is a green-house made of?
15. You can carry it everywhere you go, and it does not get heavy. What is it?
16. Tom saw a snake crossing the road and swerved to crush it with his tires. All the street lights were off as well as the car’s headlights. There were no other lights on along the road. How did Tom see the snake?
17. Each time you take a step you make one of me, but then you leave me behind. What am I?
18. What English word can have 4 of its 5 letters taken away and still retain its original pronunciation?
19. There was a green house. Inside the green house there was a white house. Inside the white house there was a red house. Inside the red house there were lots of babies. What is it?
20. They are two sisters. One gives birth to the other, who in turn gives birth to the first. What are the two sisters?
21. What is as light as a feather, but even the world’s strongest man couldn’t hold it for more than a minute?
22. When you are full, you still want to eat it. Even when it is completely dark you still can see it with your naked eyes. If you happen to fall on a heap of cotton, you will suffer from it. And, even if you are completely broke, you still have it. What is this strange thing?
23. I am in the sky but also in the ground. When you study me, no matter how long, I will always end with an f. I may be in your yard but not in your house. What am I?
24. When I am visible to you, you cannot see me, but when I am invisible, you long to see me. I am plenty with someone patient, but all the more scarce with a hasty one. I am greater than all, but still in the control of those who value my existence. Who am I?
Answers to very hard riddles
1. No it does not collapse. Because it has driven a half mile, you would subtract the gas used from the total weight of the truck.
2. A carpet.
4. A river.
5. A gum.
6. A last name.
7. An anchor.
8. A map.
9. Your imagination.
10. The woman was a photographer. She shot a picture of her husband, developed it, and hung it up to dry.
12. The dog can jump over his dog house.
13. A violin.
14. Of glass.
15. Your name.
16. It was during the daytime.
17. A footprint.
20. Night and day.
21. His breath.
23. A leaf.
Very hard riddles