1. I know a word of letters three. Add two and fewer there will be. What is the word?
2. What asks no questions but gets lots of answers?
3. He has married many women, but has never been married. Who is he?
4. There is a six letter word of which la is the middle, is the beginning, and the ending. What is the word?
5. What word looks the same upside down and backwards?
6. It’s been around for millions of years, but it’s no more than a month old. What is it?
7. What 8-letter word has one letter in it?
8. What is the coldest country in the world?
9. Who are the two brothers who live on opposite sides of the road yet never see each other?
10. He starts and ends 2 common English words. One painful in love, one painful in everyday matter.
Do you know what 2 words I must be?
11. What word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
12. What is the only word in the English language that ends in mt?
13. Why did the alien want to leave the party?
14. One word in this sentence is misspelled. What word is it?
15. As long as I eat, I live. When I drink, I die.
16. What is the best name for the wife of a gambler?
17. What can you hold without ever touching it, or without using your hands?
18. What is always coming but never arrives?
19. What 7 letter word becomes longer when the third letter is removed?
20. What is the best month for a parade?
21. When one does not know what it is, then it is something; but when one knows what it is, then it is nothing. What it is?
23. What is a woman’s favorite word?
24. How do you spell “hard water” with only 3 letters?
25. What is it that no one can conquer?
Answers to word riddles
2. A telephone.
3. A preacher.
6. The moon.
10. Heartache and Headache.
13. The atmosphere wasn’t right.
17. Your breath.
21. A riddle.
23. The last one.