1. At night they come without being fetched. By day they are lost without being stolen. What are they?
2. What has many keys, but can't even open a single door?
3. You throw away the outside and cook the inside. Then you eat the outside and throw away the inside. What did you eat?
4. What is as big as an elephant, but weighs nothing at all?
5. You answer me, although I never ask you questions. What am I?
6. What happens when you throw a yellow rock into a purple stream?
7. What has four legs, but can't walk?
8. What do you throw out when you want to use it but take in when you don't want to use it?
9. You saw me where I never was and where I could not be. And yet within that very place, my face you often see. What am I?
10. What can fill a room but takes up no space?
11. Luke owns a pet store. He puts one canary per cage, but has one bird too many. If he puts two canaries in each cage, he has one cage too many. How many cages and canaries does he have?
12. What is it that after you take away the whole, some still remains?
13. Imagine you are in a dark room. How do you get out?
14. Born at the same time as the world, destined to live as long as the world, and yet never five weeks old. What is it?
15. I am a box that holds keys without locks, yet they can unlock your soul. What am I?
16. Two girls were born to the same mother, on the same day, at the same time, in the same month and year and yet they're not twins. How can this be?
17. If you have me, you want to share me. If you share me, you haven't got me. What am I?
18. What is deep within you, never dies or gets worn out, and only needs some fire from time to time?
19. It is weightless, you can see it, and if you put it in a barrel it will make the barrel lighter?
20. A doctor and a nurse have a baby boy. But the boy's father is not the doctor and the mother is not the nurse. How can it be?
21. Tear one off and scratch my head, what once was red is black instead. What am I?
22. They come at night without being called and are lost in the day without being stolen. What are they?
23. A skin have I, more eyes than one. I can be very nice when I am done. What am I?
24. I have holes on the top and bottom. I have holes on my left and on my right. And I have holes in the middle, yet I still hold water. What am I?
25. What two things can you never have for breakfast?
26. What has feet and legs, and nothing else?
27. A man fell off a 30-foot ladder and landed on the sidewalk, but he did not get hurt. Why not?
28. What are these three related items? When I am placed somewhere I will never stand up. Whatever you give me I will eat. When I go I never return.
29. A hiker went without sleep for seven days and wasn't tired. How come?
30. I am too much for one, enough for two, but nothing to three. What am I?
31. What is everyone in the world doing at the same time?
32. All about, but cannot be seen. Can be captured, cannot be held. No throat, but can be heard. What is it?
33. Four men were in a boat on the lake. The boat turns over, and all four men sink to the bottom of the lake, yet not a single man got wet! Why?
34. What never gets any wetter no matter how hard it rains?
35. I can be long I can be short I can be grown I can be bought I can be painted or left bare. What am I?
36. This old one runs forever, but never moves at all. He has neither lungs nor throat, but still a mighty roaring call. What is it?
37. The Pope has it but he does not use it. Your father has it but your mother uses it. Nuns do not need it. Your lady friend’s husband has it and she uses it. What is it?
38. Did you know that if you live within 5 miles of a cemetary you can't be buried there? Why?
39. A time when they're green, a time when they are brown, but both of these times, cause me to frown. But just in between, for a very short while, they‘re perfect and yellow, and cause me to smile! Who am I?
40. I have a heart that never beats, I have a home but I never sleep. I can take a mans house and build anothers, And I love to play games with my many brothers. I am a king among fools. Who am I?
41. How can you tell the difference between a can of chicken soup and a can of tomato soup?
42. I dig out tiny caves, and store gold and silver in them. I also build bridges of silver and make crowns of gold. They are the smallest you could imagine. Sooner or later everybody needs my help, yet many people are afraid to let me help them. Who am I?
43. I am in the sky but also in the ground. When you study me, no matter how long, I will always end with an f. I may be in your yard but not in your house. What am I?
44. I am taken from a mine, and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet I am used by almost everybody. What am I?
45. There was a man who wanted to prove his love to his wife. So, he climbed the highest mountain, swam the deepest ocean and walked the biggest desert. What do you think his wife said?
46. What goes up and down stairs without moving?
47. I'm the part of the bird that's not in the sky. I can swim in the ocean and yet remain dry. What am I?
48. My voice is tender, my waist is slender and I'm often invited to play. Yet wherever I go I must take my bow or else I have nothing to say. What am I?
49. What crime is punishable if attempted, but is not punishable if committed?
50. What is it that everyone requires, everyone gives, everyone asks and that very few take?
Answers to good riddles
2. A piano.
3. An ear of corn.
4. The shadow of an elephant.
5. A telephone.
6. It makes a splash.
7. A Table.
8. An anchor.
9. A reflection.
11. Luke has 3 cages and 4 canaries.
13. Stop imagining.
14. The moon.
15. A piano.
16. The two babies are two of a set of triplets.
18. Your soul. Your soul is deep inside of you, it never dies and at various points in our lives we all get fired up about something.
19. A hole.
20. The doctor is the mother (female doctor) and the nurse is the father (male nurse).
21. A match. You tear a match out of a matchbook and scratch the head to light it, then the red tip turns black from the flame.
23. A potato.
24. A sponge.
25. Lunch and dinner.
27. He fell off the bottom rung.
28. A stove, fire, smoke.
29. He slept at night.
30. A secret.
31. Growing older.
33. Because they were all married and not single.
34. The ocean.
35. A fingernail.
37. A Last Name.
38. You can't be buried, cause you are alive.
40. The King of Hearts in a deck of cards.
41. Read the label.
43. A leaf.
44. A pencil lead.
45. Nothing. She divorced him for never being at home.
46. A carpet.
Related funny riddles:
Fun riddle comments